We are looking for an enthusiastic Weddings and Events Coordinator to join the team at Hampton Court Castle, Herefordshire. The successful candidate will help manage the growing number of weddings and private functions held in the castle, as well as the public events we run for our garden visitors. This will be an exciting opportunity to form part of a growing team and play a role in shaping the future of Hampton Court Castle.
The ideal candidate will have experience of organising weddings, and private functions, at a high quality venue. Ideally, they will have witnessed a venue grow their wedding business and have been involved in various parts of the process, from initial enquiry to the running of the event.
This is a full time position, although given the nature of the industry, the hours worked and tasks involved will inevitably vary considerably from week to week. The successful candidate must therefore be flexible and energetic, willing to work extra hours, and evenings and weekends where necessary, to meet the demands in busy periods.
The salary offered will be very competitive and partly dependent on experience level. In certain circumstances it may be possible for accommodation to be provided.
About Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford. As well as hosting fabulous weddings and private functions, we operate as a seasonal visitor attraction. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We are also in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex, the first phase of which is due to be completed by the end of 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to enquiries for weddings and any functions taking place in the castle.
- Tracking and monitoring enquiries.
- Potentially conducting show rounds for prospective clients.
- Arranging meal tastings for the bride and groom, and liaising with other suppliers.
- Serving as an in-house wedding planner for couples.
- Setting up for events.
- Helping out on the event day.
- Updating the event management information system, for both public events and weddings/functions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure all enquiries and bookings are processed efficiently with all information logged quickly and accurately.
- Must be capable of prioritising their own workload, be self-motivated, reliable and proactive.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of clientele and colleagues.
- High level of professional presentation with a friendly and welcoming personality.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Full driving license and own transport.
Staff discounts in Orangery Cafe and Gift Shop.
Free onsite parking.