We are looking for a Digital Marketer to join the team at Hampton Court Castle.
In this role, you’ll work to promote every aspect of the business. This will include marketing Hampton Court Castle as a stunning wedding venue, telling the world about the exciting public events we have on and, soon, promoting our new onsite holiday cottages!
This can be either a part-time or full-time job depending on the applicant. There may be some requirement to work outside of standard business hours at certain times though, including weekends and bank holidays if there are special events or absences.
A competitive rate of pay will be offered for the right person.
Location: Hampton Court Castle, Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire HR6 0PN
Working at Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford, operating as a seasonal visitor attraction. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also hold a variety of public events throughout the season.
In addition, we host fabulous weddings and private functions in the castle, and are in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex on site. This project has been delayed by the pandemic but the first units will go live in 2021.
We have ambitious growth plans and so are looking to build a strong team over the coming years. As such, we will need a variety of different marketing skill sets and are therefore interested to receive applications from a variety of different people. At least to some extent, we can mould this role to complement the skillset of the successful candidate and the rest of the team. So, whether your skills are in digital marketing, content creation or software/analytics, please send in an application as you may be a great fit.
Responsibilities and Duties
As stated above, the exact responsibilities will depend on the skillset of the successful candidate but might include the following:
- Carrying out market research relevant to each area of the business.
- Coordinating paid advertising campaigns both online and in print, and reporting on performance.
- Organising and creating written content for blogs, social media and email newsletters, working with other employees and external contributors.
- Monitoring website content and updating our listings on other websites.
- Interacting with potential customers through social media and other tools.
- Assisting in other areas of the business, particularly at busy times.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Strong IT skills and competent in using Microsoft Office/Google Docs and marketing applications (e.g. analytics platforms, blogging tools, email marketing tools etc).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and adhere to deadlines.
- Positive and friendly nature.
- Relevant marketing qualifications an advantage.
Eligible to work in the UK.
Full driving license and own transport.
Staff discounts in Orangery and Gift Shop.
Free onsite parking.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them and would ideally like the successful candidate to start by the new year.