We are looking for a competent Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to join the team at Hampton Court Castle.
The job will involve managing the day-to-day bookkeeping activities using a variety of modern applications. This will include, processing sales and purchase invoices, administration of timesheets for payroll, processing weekly and monthly payrolls, regular bank reconciliations, VAT returns and monthly management reporting, as well as providing administrative support for other areas of the business. Experience will be viewed favourably but training will be provided. The successful candidate will need to be computer literate and confident in learning new systems.
A competitive rate of pay will be offered for the right person and very flexible working arrangements Monday to Friday will be available.
Hours: 2-4 days per week (15-30 hours per week)
About Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford, operating as a seasonal visitor attraction. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also hold fabulous weddings and private functions, and are in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex, the first phase of which is due to be completed by the end of 2020.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall responsibility for managing sales and purchase ledgers using a variety of applications.
- Liaise with suppliers and handle queries.
- Regular bank reconciliations.
- Processing staff timesheets for payroll.
- Processing fortnightly wages payrolls and monthly salary payroll.
- Produce regular management reports.
- Provide accounts/administrative support for other departments.
Skills and Qualifications
- AAT qualification preferred but QBE considered.
- Strong IT skills with confidence in learning new systems.
- Excellent Microsoft Office/Google Docs skills.
- Xero Certification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Full driving license and own transport.
Flexible working hours.
Free onsite parking.
Staff discounts in Orangery Cafe and Gift Shop.