Wedding Event Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Wedding Event Coordinator to join our small team at Hampton Court Castle!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to help manage the increasing number of weddings and private events in our growing business, playing a key role in shaping the future of Hampton Court Castle.
In this position, you will be involved in the whole event process, from responding to enquiries, showing prospective clients around the venue, building a relationship with them and assisting with the planning of their special day. You will also be responsible for coordinating the event itself, ensuring they leave with wonderful and lasting memories of the venue.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous practical event management experience, be a strong communicator and possess good organisational skills. Those with transferable skills and a willingness to adapt and learn will also be considered.
This can be a full-time or part-time position but given the nature of the role and industry, the hours worked will vary from week to week and will include evening and weekend work as this is when we’re busiest.
Pay: from £25,350
Location: Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire
About Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th-century castle located between Leominster and Hereford. We hold fabulous weddings and private functions inside the castle, and also operate as a seasonal visitor attraction. Visitors come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours on select days, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Orangery Cafe.
Hampton Court Castle Ltd is a new, mission-led company that manages the whole Hampton Court Castle estate. You can read more about us by following the Company Purpose & Values link in the footer on our website.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to enquiries for weddings and any functions taking place in the castle.
- Tracking and monitoring enquiries.
- Conducting private viewings for prospective clients.
- Liaising with caterers and other suppliers.
- Serving as an in-house wedding planner supporting couples with their planning.
- Updating the event management system throughout the planning process.
- Setting up for events.
- Managing events on the day.
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure all enquiries and bookings are processed efficiently with all information logged quickly and accurately.
- Energetic and willing to take responsibility.
- Strong sales skills.
- Capable of prioritising own workload and self-motivated.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of clientele and colleagues.
- High level of professional presentation with a friendly and welcoming personality.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
← Return to Job Opportunities