We are looking for an Operations Manager to join the team at Hampton Court Castle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all ‘on the day’ operations on the estate. This includes the growing number of weddings and private functions held in the castle, as well as the public events we run for our garden visitors and our forthcoming holiday cottage complex. This will be an exciting opportunity to form part of a growing team and to play a role in shaping the future of Hampton Court Castle.
The strongest candidates will have experience in an operations role in the hospitality industry, ideally with experience running weddings and events at a high-quality venue, or hotel environment.
This is a full-time position, although given the nature of the industry, the hours worked and tasks involved will inevitably vary considerably from week to week. The successful candidate must therefore be flexible and energetic, willing to work extra hours where necessary to meet the demands in busy periods.
The salary offered will be very competitive and partly dependent on experience. In certain circumstances, it may be possible for accommodation to be provided.
About Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th-century castle based between Leominster and Hereford. As well as hosting fabulous weddings and private functions, we operate as a seasonal visitor attraction. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We are also in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex on-site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing the ‘on the day’ operations for weddings and functions, working closely with the Wedding Manager and other staff.
- Planning the rota to ensure that appropriate staff levels are maintained.
- Updating the event management system for public events, weddings and functions.
- Ensuring that relevant health and safety considerations for guests and staff are maintained, and that all suppliers work to the same high standards.
- Organising remedial work required in the castle, grounds or cottages, especially in preparation for weddings and functions.
- Checking that high standards of maintenance and housekeeping are maintained at all times.
- Organising the set-up and dismantling of the different areas used for functions and events.
- Managing the operational aspect of the upcoming holiday cottage complex, including helping put together policies and processes.
- Helping out wherever needed. This will be a ‘hands on’ and physically demanding role – must be physically fit and energetic with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organised and detail orientated.
- Reliable and responsible in nature, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage teams to ensure that weddings and events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Energy and motivation.
- Capable of prioritising own workload and being self-motivated.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of clientele and colleagues.
- High level of professional presentation with a friendly and welcoming personality.
- Able to think on feet and stay calm under pressure, to manage customer expectations and handle challenging situations.
- Adaptable, as we are always looking to improve the way we work.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Full driving license and own transport.
Staff discounts in Orangery Cafe and Gift Shop.
Free onsite parking.
Location: Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire HR6 0PN