Marketing and Events Coordinator
We are looking for a Marketing and Events Coordinator to join the team at Hampton Court Castle.
In this role, you’ll help to market every aspect of the business while also playing an active role in coordinating weddings and events. This will include promoting Hampton Court Castle as a stunning wedding venue, telling the world about the exciting public events we have on and, soon, promoting our new onsite holiday cottages! You will also be dedicated to delivering exceptional weddings and events, and must have a passion for organisation and great customer service skills.
This can be either a part-time or full-time role depending on the applicant. Given the nature of the role, the hours worked and tasks involved will vary considerably from week to week. The successful candidate must therefore be flexible and energetic, willing to work extra hours, and evenings and weekends where necessary, to meet the demands especially in busy periods.
A competitive rate of pay will be offered for the right person.
Working at Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle located between Leominster and Hereford, operating as a seasonal visitor attraction. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also hold a variety of public events throughout the season.
In addition, we host fabulous weddings and private functions in the castle, and are in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex on-site. This project has been delayed by the pandemic but the first units will go live in 2022.
Exact responsibilities will depend on the skill set of the successful candidate but might include the following:
- Organising and creating written content for blogs, social media and email newsletters, working with other employees and external contributors.
- Monitoring website content and updating our listings on other websites.
- Interacting with customers through various channels.
- Conducting wedding viewings, and responding to enquiries, when the Weddings Manager is unavailable.
- Assisting on the day at weddings and events including set up.
- Working in other areas of the business where necessary, particularly at busy times.
- Organised with great attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills and competence in using Microsoft Office/Google Docs and marketing applications (e.g. analytics platforms, blogging tools, email marketing tools etc).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to prioritise work and adhere to deadlines.
- Positive and friendly nature.
- Personable with great communication skills.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills are an advantage.
Eligible to work in the UK.
Full driving license and own transport.
Staff discounts in Orangery and Gift Shop.
Free onsite parking.
Location: Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire HR6 0PN