Catering and Bar Team
We are looking for staff to join the team in the Catering and Bar Team at Hampton Court Castle.
The job involves working in the cafe and at events, in both food preparation and front of house capacities, as well as working in other areas of the business when required.
This is a seasonal role with vacancies for both part-time and full-time employment until the end of the year. You will need to be very flexible in your approach to work outside of standard business hours, including weekends and bank holidays, as this is when we are busiest.
Working at Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also host fabulous weddings and private functions, and are also in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex on site.
The Orangery Cafe is located in the castle and sells freshly made hot and cold food using local produce, and where possible produce from the kitchen garden. There is an Ice Cream Parlour opposite, which is also run by the Orangery team.
- Preparation of food and basic cooking in the cafe.
- Serving meals, ensuring correct portion control and presentation.
- Cleaning of the kitchen, surrounding areas and equipment.
- Stock ordering and rotation.
- Ensuring food hygiene and health & safety are adhered to at all times.
Front of House
- Serving and assisting customers.
- Preparing and serving hot drinks.
- Cash handling and use of EPOS till.
- Food table service.
- Clearing tables and keeping the cafe clean.
- Operate wash-up equipment.
- Ensure food hygiene and health & safety are adhered to at all times.
- Serving customers using the EPOS system.
- Restocking supplies behind the bar.
- Keeping the serving areas clean and tidy.
- Clearing glasses and supporting the events team at the event.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure.
- High standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- Approachable, friendly and customer-focused.
- No specific qualifications required although Food Hygiene Level 2 and some experience in the catering industry are desirable.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Driving license desirable.
Staff discounts in Orangery and Gift Shop.
Free onsite parking.
Location: Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire HR6 0PN