Cafe Assistant / Supervisor
We are looking for staff to join the team in the Orangery Cafe at Hampton Court Castle.
The job involves working in a cafe/restaurant environment, in both food preparation and front of house – as well as working in other areas of the business when required.
This is a seasonal role with vacancies for both part-time and full-time employment. You will need to be very flexible in your approach to work outside of standard business hours, including weekends and bank holidays, as this is when we are busiest.
We will also be looking for a Supervisor, who will need to be proficient in all areas and be willing to take on additional responsibilities. If you’d also like to be considered for this position, please indicate this when applying.
Working at Hampton Court Castle
Hampton Court Castle is a 15th century castle based between Leominster and Hereford. Customers come to see our formal gardens, take castle tours, relax in the amazing surroundings and visit our Gift Shop and Orangery Cafe. We also host fabulous weddings and private functions, and are also in the process of creating a holiday cottage complex on-site.
The Orangery Cafe is located in the castle and sells freshly made hot and cold food using local produce, and where possible produce from the kitchen garden. There is an Ice Cream Parlour opposite, which is also run by the Orangery team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparation of food and basic cooking.
- Serving meals, ensuring correct portion control and presentation.
- Cleaning of the kitchen, surrounding areas and equipment.
- Stock ordering and rotation.
- Ensuring food hygiene and health & safety are adhered to at all times.
Front of House
- Serving and assisting customers.
- Preparing and serving hot drinks.
- Cash handling and use of EPOS till.
- Food table service.
- Clearing tables and keeping the cafe clean.
- Operate wash-up equipment.
- Ensure food hygiene and health & safety are adhered to at all times.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure.
- High standards of personal hygiene and presentation.
- Approachable, friendly and customer-focused.
- No specific qualifications required although Food Hygiene Level 2 and some experience in the catering industry are desirable.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Driving license desirable.
Location: Hope under Dinmore, Herefordshire HR6 0PN